Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Cloth Diapers

If you recall back in July... I took the leap and bought cloth diapers that were going to last us up to 5 months...

Well....

The size I purchased are for babies up to 15 lbs, and the covers are for newborns up to 11 lbs. I knew I was going to have to go up a size and buy more covers as she got older.

Here is the wrench... By the time we left the hospital she was 11 lbs. So the diaper fits... just barely... the covers however... well they don't fit. Our baby girl is just bigger than we anticipated.

The contemplation begins... should we just get the next size covers for the next 4 lbs of her life... or should we start from scratch.

Since she seems to be growing pretty fast we bit the bullet and are starting from scratch. We bought FLIPS which are a product by Bumgenius. These diapers are a one size diaper... which means the diaper grows with the baby. It covers babies from 8 lbs to 35 lbs. I don't know what the average age of a baby is that weighs 35 lbs but I do know our infant car seat only goes up to 30 lbs so I think we have some time before she outgrows these cuties!





No comments:

Post a Comment