Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

36 Week Belly Shot and an unexpected hospital visit

Here is my belly shot for 36W5D...I am pretty sure he has dropped as the shape of my belly has changed and I can breathe and eat a little bit easier!  

This past week has been a hard one... Seana was hit with appendicitis and had to have an appendectomy on Friday.  She made it through the surgery with flying colors but because her appendix had a small perforation and bacteria had to be flushed out of her abdomen her hospital stay was longer than a normal stay for this type of surgery.  She ended up having to stay 3 nights... which was 2 nights too many in our book but she needed the medical attention so she was a champ and made it through!  I didn't get to visit with her as much as I would have liked.  We decided to not take Maggie to the hospital to avoid all the germs.. the last thing we needed was a sick toddler to top everything off.  Which meant finding people to watch Maggie when I could visit, thankfully I have so many great friends here in Connecticut willing to help.  I didn't want to overburden anyone so I only went once in the morning and once in the evening most of her stay.  Sunday she only got one visit.

I cannot tell you how many times I was asked when I was due during my many excursions to the hospital... apparently I am so evidently pregnant that the taboo of asking a woman about being pregnant no longer applies.  I am sure it was quite the sight as I helped Seana to the car... Actually I know it was as someone actually said to Seana "You should be helping her."

It was such a blessing to her home Monday afternoon, and Monday evening was when we got these photos taken.


It is crazy to think that in less than 3 weeks he will be here!  We are working hard at getting

No comments:

Post a Comment