Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Ultrasound 35 weeks!

I had my weekly appointment this morning with ultrasound to check his growth rate.  Our little boy is measuring 5 days bigger at an estimated 6 lbs 4 oz!  He is still in the 85th percentile... So the ultrasound technician thinks he will gain at least 2 1/2 more lbs before his due date she estimates him being around 8 lbs 12 oz if we went to my due date...since we are having the c-section a week early he will likely be a little smaller than that... So maybe I do grow big babies... she said to keep the tags on all newborn clothing... ummm too late everything is washed and put away already whoops! 

We also talked to our midwife today about why I am doing the non-stress tests weekly visits as well as the ultrasounds.  She said that it is due to colitis and the medication I have to take to treat the colitis; they want to keep an eye on the babies growth as well as look for any side affects like changes in heart rate that the medication could cause.  So there you have... it is because of my illness upping the risk level of the babies development.  But the midwife as well as the OB/GYN we see both have stated that our little guy was completely unfazed and is in fact ahead of the curve in growth and showing no signs of being impacted by my health or the medication.  Which is such a blessing!

Here are pics from the ultrasound!




No comments:

Post a Comment