Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, September 10, 2010

Giddy

So when Melissa and I got married last year, we had a rehearsal dinner. And I remember describing the dinner like the best Christmas ever - all my favorite people all in one place. It was one of the best days of my life. Right before the wedding I had this happy feeling knowing I was going to get to see all my favorite people.

Well it’s Friday and Melissa has already passed her first due date (remember the various Drs have given us three different dates). Today is her “second” due date. I can’t help but feel giddy at the possibility that I could meet one of my new favorite people this weekend. I am so excited I can barely contain myself. Every time I schedule a meeting for work next week I think “Will I be able to make that meeting or will I be on leave with Melissa and the baby”. It will be a whole new experience.

Will I miss lazy Sundays sleeping in and spending my day with just Melissa - of course, but I know that loss of lazy Sundays comes with a gift. I really am excited to get to be a part of someone else’s life in such a way that I never have before. I get to watch this little girl grow into whatever she will. God has a plan for her and I get to be a part of that plan – whatever that may mean.

Now when I call my mom she won’t automatically assume I need a copy of one of her recipes or I need cooking help. We have a whole new experience to share – what a treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment