Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, April 11, 2011

Spring break-IMA (Indianapolis Museum of Art)

We were blessed with more visitors for Spring Break- our friends Kim and Glenn came down to visit for the back end of break. While they were here we went to the Indianapolis Museum of Art.

They had a good variety of Art... European, American, Egyptian, Asian, African and Modern. They also had a spotlight exhibit that there was a fee to view... we decided to save a few bucks and peered in on it when passing it by.

We took some photos of a few of our favorites... Please note that you aren't supposed to use a flash in the museum... a little fact I didn't know until after this vase photo.... Seana filled me in on the etiquette after we got this picture... However, the flash and I have a story together which I will share as you look at the pictures.

This vase had a dragon climbing around it... very beautiful and very big!

Here is Maggie with a Van Gogh... I had to do it since she watches Baby Einstien Van Gogh almost daily... As you can see there was a flash... this was accidental I thought I had shut it off... when in fact I had not.

Here is a picture with a piece of art Seana liked, I am not sure if this is Seurat or not but it is painted with his method of Dots... Quite amazing to see... I kept the flash in check this time.

There was a wishing fountain that Seana flipped a coin or two in... I didn't think we were in an "art" section so I turned on the flash to catch this shot.... Ummm yeah... so the fountain area does not allow flash either... I got a talking to for this shot. Not sure why there were no paintings displayed in this area and Im pretty sure the fountain will hold up to a flash.

Of course some Audrianna posing is a must for any museum, Her honest opinion was that the majority of what we saw was... well BORING! But every once in awhile something would catch her eye....



Gotta get some cousin love in here that is right we are sophisticated!

Here is a piece of African Art I liked this was made of wood planks... very modern in comparison to what the exhibit was featuring.

Cute photo of Kim with Maggie, please note I used a flash.. Kim suggested it after the first shot didn't turn out well due to lighting... again we were in an area away from the art... I took the shot and was approached again and talked to about using the flash... at this point I blame Kim!! I am also starting to wonder if they are just following me with their surveillance cameras waiting for me to use my flash... hmmm.

Lunch Break Candids!!




Audrianna liked the HUGE Georgia O'Keefe so I got a shot of her with that.... to end our picture session.

We also explored their Modern Art level... as soon as we touched foot in this area... I was approached again... I haven't even used the flash!!! Sheesh people... I took one photo... which was not worth showing... turns out no pictures are allowed of the modern art. This sucks by the way because it is always the most fun to look at! They had some really cool stuff... and some not so cool string... it is amazing what they can call art sometimes!

The highlight of the modern art section was umm well not so much a highlight as a topic of conversation... this guy puts copies of famous sculptings in bodily fluid and takes a photo... the one we saw was what looked like David's head in urine.... yep pee. At first glance you are like a yellow photo of david... but the description tells the whole story.. and even stated he does this with blood and semen as well... umm gross. We all agreed this was more crazy than art and were kind of surprised it was seen as art. For those museum goers that don't read the description probably never realize they are admiring someone's piss poor shot of art... Ha haa see what I did there... give it a minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment