Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Maggie 1st Birthday!

The great news about Maggie's birthday is my parents flew in for the event!!! YAY!  It was so nice to spend time with family!  On Maggie's special day we didn't do anything extravagant we are saving that for when she requests it!

We started the day with a trip to the mall, where we did a Sears photo shoot, these pictures are to come!!

We then wandered the mall while we shopped for gifts for Maggie (yes we waited until the absolute last minute!!)

Here I am pushing Maggie around in a rent a stroller/car that she loved riding in and playing with the steering wheel!
 Once all the shopping was done, the gifts were wrapped and the naps were taken... Maggie discovered her favorite gift... This balloon from her Muti!
 Here is a shot of all of Maggie's gifts all wrapped and ready to be opened!  I had to steal the balloon from her to get it in the picture.
 The stealing of the balloon brought on big tears... here is a shot of My mom soothing Maggie as she gets her balloon back... I am such a mean Mommy!
 Maggie with her gifts!
 Maggie had no interest in any of her presents thanks to the balloon!  But we managed to hide it from her after some time past and she started to look over one or two of her other gifts... Her own vacuum from Mommy (yes I am training her now!!)
 Her first baby doll from Aunt Amber and family!
 Her attention span for the gifts was narrow so I didnt get photos of her with her other presents.  We took a few videos, I compiled them here... it is a bit long.



Now the cake!!!

Seana voted for carrot cake cupcakes and well won because there were only 2 of us voting and I loved the idea.  So I baked her cupcakes and frosted them with cream cheese frosting (I am proud to say I did it all from scratch!!)

Maggie eyeing her cupcake!
 We expected a big mess, but Maggie is a bit of a clean eater when it comes to cake so she really didn't make much of a mess of herself.  She seemed to enjoy the cake but really who doesn't love carrot cake???!!


A video of her first birthday song and tasting of cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment