Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, September 12, 2011

Traveling baby

Sorry I haven’t written in so long. New job has cut into my blog opportunities and I usually spend my evenings playing with Maggie. MJ and I were talking about fond childhood memories. I shared how when I think of my parents, I can see my mom sitting in her chair reading and my dad sleepily sitting in his recliner. If it were 8pm PST time right now … I bet that is what they are doing. A lot of my fondest memories were just spending time with them. I remember laughing a lot and enjoying amazing foods. One of my favorite activities was to grocery shop with my mom … it was like our time together. One of my favorite activities with my dad was to see movies and over eat junk food. We didn’t take huge adventures or big trips – we would hit craft fairs and look at open homes. We would get ice cream and go for walks. It was a pretty laid back childhood and I really have no complaints.

After I shared my stories, MJ shared hers. Her stories had a lot more outdoors, hiking, 4-wheeling adventures than mine. So then we both wondered what Maggie’s fond memories would be. How would she see us as her parents? Based on how many show tunes we sing and bad jokes we tell …. she may run away by 8.

We realized that in just 1 short year of her life we have taken Maggie to the following states, IN, CA, CO, KY, TN, IL, MI, CT, NY, RI and soon MA, NH, VT. If you count driving states, Maggie will add PA, WV, and OH in October. Next year I think we will add NM and DC at a minimum. Maggie won’t remember all these trips, but she sure has some fun baby pictures.

Well I have been interrupted so many times during my lunch that I have lost my train of thought for this blog. All I know is I have loved this 1st year of having Maggie as an addition to our family. She is a treasure. And I love MJ and the fact she loves to travel … because just like Maggie we have been to 13+ states in a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment