Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Yup MJ has to have a background check too.

As you know, I have to adopt the Queen Bean and have started that process. I wanted to vent about a few things with the process

1. I have to have a physical including my cholesterol. Explain to me how my cholesterol affects how good of a parent I will be?? And if you think they won't turn me down if I have a high number, you are wrong. A guy I work with was denied being a foster parent to two kids who already lived with him because his cholesterol number was high. He had to go to the Dr., get on Lipitor and reapply a year later. That is just flat out wrong

2. Background check for everyone in the house. Now I get that I need a background check, but get this, everyone who I live with also has to have one. So let's say MJ had some felonies on her record (which she doesn't). I would be denied an adoption because I live with her even though she is the birth mother!?! Say again!!!! ....... Yes that is right, if MJ has a record then I can't adopt because I am putting my adoptive child in danger in my household with its own birth mother. This makes me mad in ways I can't even explain.

I am lucky I have a lawyer because I am pretty sure I would thrown out of court on contempt. Hopefully I will make it through this process in one piece. I just have to keep my eye on the prize - which is the bean.

2 comments:

  1. I can see the need for some of that, but for the rest?? The system isn't just broken in places, it's crushed to dust and unrepairable.
    That baby is just as much yours as MJ's, and it's dumb that you have to perform in a 3 ring circus just to make it "official". Like your love for that child doesn't already make it official.
    Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like people with high cholesterol who associate with fellons... they don't deserve to love children. ;0)

    ReplyDelete