Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, August 15, 2011

East Coast Pizza~YES PLEASE!

Seana and I made a pact that we would not eat any franchised pizza while in CT... New York is known for its pizza and we assume that by proximity alone Connecticut probably has some pretty tasty pizza as well.

We were right!! And we didn't have to go far, right here in Trumbull we found Franco Gianni's and we tried the John Works pizza it has pepperoni, sausage, onions and mushrooms!

Seana enjoying a slice!
Maggie had pizza bread and mozzarella cheese YUM!
Ummm yes I did take a photo of the pie... it was that good.
While we were there, Maggie and I decided to whip our hair!


3 comments:

  1. I grew up in CT (and got my Master's Degree at Yale) and the best pizza in CT is at Frank Pepe's in New Haven. Brick oven deliciousness. The wait can be atrocious on the weekends but it is totally worth it. For beaches I recommend Misquamicut in RI. It is just outside of CT and is beautiful if a bit crowded. Also, there is a delightful little Cildren's Museum in West Hartford that is worth a visit. It doesn't rival the one in Indy, but it is sweet and has some good hands on activities if I remember correctly. My niece who is a year and a half now loves it - or so I hear from my sister. On a side note, I started reading your blog before your move because I live in Indy - small world. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You for the insight! We will definitely have to try the pizza, beach and Museum! Do you have any insight on Long Island we keep talking about taking a ferry over and checking it out but haven't done any research on what to do there other than drive through the Hampton's... for the sake of saying we have been there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops I believe it is the Hamptons the Hampton's LOL.

    ReplyDelete