Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, March 7, 2011

Books and babies

This week I am taking an in residence for my MBA. Which means I am in school while MJ and Maggie are at home. Many of my cohort members are parents. People have been kindly asking me how Maggie is doing, how we are balancing my school and work and a baby .. plus this week Maggie is again under the weather. So I can't help but reflect on this school journey we are undertaking.

I say we because without MJ's support, I wouldn't be here. She has been amazing.I used to dream about how my life could be. I would imagine what it would be like to have a child and an amazing supportive wife - I can't believe that I have that in my life. And there are days that I still can't believe all MJ does for me and our family. For this trip, she helped me pack and made me a snack for the road. She takes the baby when I have to study. She keeps me going when I want to throw in the towel ... I really couldn't ask for more.

So with all MJ does for us, I wanted to remind myself why I am getting my MBA. There are really two main reasons.
1. I do enjoy learning. It is one of the things I feel I am good at - learning. I would probably be a professional student if I could be. It is a priviledge to have this opportunity to learn.
2. I want to continue to progress in my career so I can provide financially for my family. I want MJ to be able to continure to be a stay at home mom if she wants to. I want to be able to travel and give Maggie experiences. I want to be able to afford things like college for Maggie and retirement.

So I just wanted to say to my girls - thank you for making this process possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment