Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Challenge Day 3

My First Love...

That was so long ago... It was love at first sight. I had never seen anything so cute, I just wanted to cuddle her up. Her name was Lilly.

She was a 6 week old black and white kitten. My parents were kind enough to give her to me and it was the first pet I got to name that I can recall. One of the things I loved most about her was how she woud suckle my shirt. You read it right... She was weaned from her Momma too young so she would snuggle up in my arms and suck on my tshirt while I loved on her.

My time with her didn't last nearly as long as it should have. We lived in the country next to a highway so I lost many a loved pet by coyote or car. But I still feel warmth in my heart when I think about her. I will have to look and see if I have a picture of her to scan in.

No comments:

Post a Comment