Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Challenge Day 1

So Introduction.... my name is Melissa but I also go by Missy or MJ. I was born in California, grew up in New Mexico, am currently living in Indiana but have lived in Colorado, Florida and Michigan as well. I love to travel and learn new things.


15 Interesting Facts...
  1. I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up... I need to answer this question by the time Maggie goes to school but for now I am really enjoying being home with my daughter taking care of her is more rewarding than any job I have ever had!
  2. I feel the most accomplished if I start my day with a list and end it with every item scratched off.
  3. I day dream about winning the lottery... what I would buy, where we would travel.... but I almost never buy a ticket.
  4. I have a thing about using (...) in almost all my writing... it is what I use to string one thought to the next... see a period just won't do because Im not done with my thought so why should the sentence end... see I used it a lot just writing about the dot dot dot...
  5. Speaking of Dot Dot Dot... Mamma Mia, I love it, I love most musicals which goes well with Seana's recent obsession with broadway musical music... she keeps apologizing but I am enjoying it as much as she is... of course I hear her renditions of the musicals as she hums or sings them as she goes about her day... Which just don't compare to our made up songs that we sing to Maggie.... Titles like "I love Maggie and her Poo" are topping the Thornton-Hurd Charts.
  6. Every time I move somewhere I pick up a hobby that goes with living in that place... most times I end up not sticking with the hobby.... examples... I moved to Florida, I picked up surfing... I was just learning to stand up when they had all those shark attacks at the beach I had been learning to surf at... yup... New Smyrna... I even managed to get my own Close Call Shark Story... and I have steered clear of the Ocean shoreline ever since...then there was Colorado... I decided to pick up snowboarding... I even got all the gear and a season pass... I was starting to get it down but realized I spent most of the time freaked out about falling and then the rest of the time falling... I never really had a good time on the slopes... but I looked AWESOME with all the gear!
  7. I haven't smoked a cigarette since February of 2008! I am happy to be a non-smoker after smoking for 11 years! That was by far the HARDEST thing to quit... even now I still miss it sometimes even though the smell of it makes me gag.
  8. I want to be the next Karen Corr of Billiards minus the mullet and glasses.
  9. I love classical music... one of my favorites is the Moldau by Smetana..so beautiful... every time I hear it I can see the river winding through the country.
  10. I have an obvious soft spot for puppies!
  11. I love projects...especially art or craft projects. I am also great at starting projects...but not so great at finishing them.
  12. I feel the need... the need for speed! I grew up riding dirt bikes, four wheelers, snowmobiles and jet skis...and ooohweee I love to make them go and it has been far too long since I have had the pleasure!!
  13. I also feel the need to quote movies.
  14. I love to cook new things... and really love being in the kitchen.
  15. I love being a mom to Maggie, to me she is the most beautiful, intelligent, and talented baby around.

No comments:

Post a Comment