Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Reading in preparation

In an earlier post I listed some books I had bought to prepare myself.

Well my girl and I have been reading them as we go. I thought I would have trouble keeping up as the Mayo Guide is pretty thick, but so far the weeks are broken down into little paragraphs so each week only takes a few minutes.... Leaving me wanting it to tell me more.

I think some people in my life felt this subconsciously and my wonderful Aunt in Florida is mailing me a book that she thought was a saving grace when she was expecting... which was not that long ago (my little cousins are 5 and not quite 1 I think... I could be off) so no worries about dated information!

Also, a good friend and coworker, brought me a book that will definitely prepare me for the unexpected. Some of you may or may not know this... but my largest fear is Zombies; well it turns out there is a book that can help with this. It is "The survivors guide to zombies". Who Knew! Now not only can I learn about how my body is changing and have a guide to symptoms of pregnancy, but also prepare myself to survive should there be a Zombie Outbreak.

I started reading it yesterday and the detail the author goes into is quite amazing! I really appreciate how he breaks down the zombie attributes which debunks the recent Hollywood adrenalin pumping fast moving zombies. Phew, I was worried I wouldn't be able to out run them!!!

The down side, is last night all I had was weird Zombie dreams, vivid dreams are a common symptom in early pregnancy as well as insomnia....so my Zombie reading only added fuel to the symptom fire. Needless to say I was up at 230 in the morning surfing the Internet trying to clear my head of Zombie visions.

I want to get through it as I feel it will help me deal with my fear, but I have a feeling I may have to wait until my body is more acclimated to the tons of hormones pumping and not inclined to create vivid dreams or keep me red eyed and awake in the wee hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment