Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Cloth Diapers It Is

I had been going back and forth about disposables or gDiapers... I didn't think I could handle cloth. My girl suggested researching a cloth diaper service, that seemed reasonable, at least that way Im not doing all the work.

So I researched, and like research goes you end up on a website you didn't knew existed that gives you a plethora of great information.

This website for me was:


It is a retail site that sells you guessed it cloth diapers. But they have a very helpful tool on the site which is a cloth diaper tutorial...

Just so you know this tutorial is not a video... it is a guide that you read filled with a lot of helpful information.

The big seller was the money comparison tool that compares the cost of cloth to disposable. Cloth is cheaper WAY cheaper. The downside is upfront cost, you haver to buy a good amount of your diapering supplies up front... but the savings over 3 years is between 1300 and 1900 dollars depending on the type of cloth diaper you go with!

Cloth Diapers have come a long way, they still have the prefolds with covers, but they also have fitted diapers, pocket diapers, all in one, and one size diapers. Like cars they have low end economical and high end better than a disposable could ever dream to be.

In addition to cloth diapers, your diapering accessories are also reusable like cloth wipes! They have special detergent that is eco friendly! And you can make your own wipe solutions!

Yay to doing our part to make our earth a better one for our kiddos!!

Lastly, how can you go wrong with cute marketing... they have names like kissaluvs, happy heiny's, fuzzibunz and Bumgenius! So cute!

So we are gonna do it! No diaper service here I will handle the brunt of poopyness!! And oddly enough Im excited about it!

2 comments:

  1. WOW you are braver than I, hippie mamas. LOL I want as less as I have to do with poop + laundry!!! I thought about gDiapers and even that was too much for me.

    Oh and Ian is really loving Denver. He said that you guys were right about Colorado being so green (I told him) and that everywhere so far has had a recycle bin next to the trash can and some places even have public composting. He said he wants to move there because he can get snow when he wants but with nicer weather.

    ReplyDelete