Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, April 26, 2010

The Craving ... Undercooked Meat Sandwich.... Yes Please



Here it is, my mouth waters for the idea of it, Pit Beef Sandwich with Tiger Sauce. Where do you find it?

Baltimore.

I've searched online for some restaurant in Indianapolis to at least offer it... but haven't found one.

I don't even know if I could have found this in Colorado.

Yet, here I sit, after seeing it on television, it's tantalizing my taste buds... Maybe my body needs the iron that the beef all bloody and hot can provide. Or maybe I like to torment myself with cravings not easily fulfilled.

I found a recipe for it.... It recommends marinating the beef for 3 days for the best flavor... I don't know that I can hold out for 3 days, not too mention... what are the odds I will still be craving it! BAHHH!

Im going to the store momentarily to get what i need to make this.... I will marinate it until tomorrow and then it's grilling time... and OH YES eating time.

Here is the recipe:

Baltimore Pit Beef Sandwich

For the rub:



2 T. seasoned salt



1 T. sweet paprika



1 t. garlic powder



1 t. dried oregano



1/2 t. black pepper



For the sandwich:



1 3 pound piece top round 



8 kaiser rolls or 16 slices of rye bread



Horseradish sauce 



1 sweet white onion, sliced thin



2 ripe tomatoes, thinly sliced (optional)



Iceburg lettuce, thinly sliced (optional)



Combine all ingredients for rub in a bowl and mix. Sprinkle 3 to 4 tablespoons of rub all over beef, patting it into meat. Place in a baking dish and cover with plastic wrap. You can marinate beef for a few hours, but for maximum flavor, marinate for 3 days in refrigerator, turning once a day.



Heat grill to very hot. Grill beef 30 to 40 minutes, or until outside is crusty and dark golden brown (even black) and internal temperature is about 120 degrees (for rare; somewhat higher for medium-rare or medium). Turn beef often with tongs. Transfer to a cutting board and let it rest for 5 minutes.

Slice beef as thinly as possible across the grain, then finely chop with a cleaver.

To serve, pile beef high on a roll or bread thickly slathered with horseradish sauce. Garnish with onions, tomatoes and lettuce. Serve immediately.





No comments:

Post a Comment