Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Quilt of Love

I got to chat with my Mom today, and when she is not teaching math to high schoolers or working on getting her license to be a principal... she quilts.

Growing up she was the Aunt that started a tradition for all my cousins, she used to do a hope chest for each girl when she graduated high school in it were items to start your first home like doilies and place mats. She also did quilts for special events like weddings or babies!

Me being her daughter, watched many quilts go out the door for other family members... but not to worry I got my fair share or more than that at times. I have received several quilts from her during my life, some marking special events and some just because my room needed a new look.

Over the years, as our family has grown and her plate continuously runs over, there has been less quilts... but Im happy to say... Our little girl will be blessed to be given her first quilt!

She is working on a design now!

1 comment: